Monday, August 2, 2010

I wish I was a fast reader... My summer reading list.

I've got a vacation coming up in a week... 2 weeks at our cabin in the Black Hills, nothing but time to read, watch movies, relax, and watch deer cross the meadow. I've got a lot of great books that have been sitting around, calling my name. I hope to get a lot of reading done, even though there's no way I will read all of these by the end of summer. These are just plain fun and I have heard great things about them. In no particular order:


Spells by Aprilynn Pike. It's the sequel to Wings, which I looooved. Simple, pretty prose... fun and adventurous faerie story. I've never really read faerie books, so this series has my interest peaked.


The Dark: New Ghost Stories, edited by Ellen Datlow. I bought this anthology over a year ago, read a couple of stories, then put it down for some reason. Gotta finish it. The cover alone is reason enough.


The Vampire Diaries: The Awakening and The Struggle, by L.J. Smith. I absolutely love the show, so I want to know how the books compare. Interestingly, the copyright date on this 2-in-1 book is 1991. Took them a while to make the show, eh?


Marked (A House of Night Novel) by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast. I always see these books while hanging out in the YA section of the bookstore. My friends love them, so I bought the 1st in this series.


The Host, by Stephenie Meyer. I'm such a big Twilight fan and yet haven't read this adult novel by Stephenie. I think it's time, don't you?


Now, those books I have in my little hands. There are a few books I want to read that I haven't bought yet, including The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, Water for Elephants, and Catching Fire.

Better get reading!

1 comment:

  1. I have a few of those sitting around too that I've not read. I loved The Host though and will probably read it again sometime in the future. Hope you have a relaxing vacation!

    ReplyDelete