Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Emotional Rollercoaster: Remember Me


I've been meaning to watch Remember Me (starring Twilight's Robert Pattinson) for a while now. Motivation struck the other night and I took a trip to my local Redbox. 2 hours later I'm wiped out from everything that I saw in this film. (Don't worry, no major spoilers)

Remember Me really got under my skin and had me thinking about certain scenes for some time afterwards. The movie is sad, but funny and compelling. There is death, passionate romance, school bullies, sex, smoking, drinking, bar fights, grieving, and laughing. I was surprised by the emotional depth of this film. Was there too much? I don't know. Maybe. It was a lot to process, but I was pretty riveted. I was actually surprised it was only rated PG-13.

Robert Pattinson was really exceptional in this film. He plays Tyler--a real guy with real problems. And he's believable. He's got anger issues that land him in jail on more than one occasion. He falls in love with a girl who shares a similar tragic past. Here's a clip from the movie:




The ending didn't surprise me because I knew it was coming. I had accidentally read something online about it, so I had a feeling. But, I probably would not have been prepared for that ending. Despite it, I understand now the purpose of the ending.

Oh, and by the way, the guy who plays his roommate, Aiden, is quite annoying. I don't know if it was the character or the actor, but he was loud and obnoxious. LOL

Looking forward to watching it again with some friends!

1 comment:

  1. Told you it was amazing. I think it was probably one of Rob's best roles to date. I cried during this whole movie it really was very thought provoking and really sits with you even after the movie is long over.

    ReplyDelete